We are a small staff, with a big vision. That is why student interns are essential to our success! Please review the Guidelines below for more information on becoming an HTAP intern.
2016/2017 Application Deadlines:
Summer Internships- Friday, April 30, 2016
Fall Internships- Friday, July 31, 2016
Spring Internships- Monday, November 23, 2016
Applications are accepted and processed on a rolling basis prior to the deadline. Due to the volume of applicants, internship slots may fill prior to the stated deadline, so please apply early to guarantee consideration.
Steps to Apply:
1. Download the Internship Application, fill it out, and submit it, along with your resume and references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Internship Application (Semester/Year)" in the subject line of your e-mail.
2. Upon review of your application, we will contact you for an interview.
Tips to a Successful Application/Interview:
1. Be thorough and thoughtful in your answers to the application questions! Demonstrate that you've researched our organization and have an understanding of what we do and how your experience and interests will fit in.
2. Have someone else proofread your resume for format and content prior to submission.
3. We have a small staff and are always super busy (which is why we need you!), so we might not be able to respond to your application immediately. Please do not call to follow-up on applications unless it has been at least a week and you have not heard back from us.
Types of Internships:
Due to the diverse nature of our organization, we have several different types of internships available:
- Marketing and Event Support Intern- relevant majors include Business/Marketing/Communications/Advertising and English Writing.
- -Research potential marketing and media coverage opportunities.
- -Update the websites portfolio.
- -Assist with targeted outreach to individuals, families, medical professionals, and corporate sponsorships.
- -Work with staff on new ideas to support successful events through marketing.
- -Assist with general administrative tasks and pre-event logistics as needed.
- Business Development Intern- relevant majors include Business/Management/Marketing/Entrepreneurship
- -Market Research: Identify key markets for future market penetration.
- -Conduct competitive assessments and best practices audits
- -Assist the Business Development team on various tasks within each account.
- -Develop business cases for direct response advertising campaigns, marketingprograms, campaign options, and application development efforts.
- Research & Development Intern- relevant majors include Business/Criminal Justice/Forensic Psychology/Sociology
- -Assist the development staff in entering data via Microsoft Excel.
- -Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use.
- -Draft correspondence, reports, proposals and donor appeals.
- -Assist the development staff in planning donor events and other activities.
- -Maintain donor files and other development materials.
- -Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed.
- Art Program Development Internship- relevant majors include Visual Arts/Graphic Design/Art History or other majors if candidate has strong arts background.
- -Assist ans support the Art Coordinator in art instruction during the ARTREACH programs. (summer)
- -Brainstorm new ideas for art projects.
- -Maintain the quality and organization of the HTAP art supplies.
- Program Support Intern- relevant majors include all.
- -Implement, monitor, and reporting.
- -Brainstorm new program ideas with the Art Coordinator.
- -Maintain inventory for ARTREACH supplies and building needs.
- -Support in operational and formative research efforts and other day-to-day administrative functions.
- -Be an effective communicator with volunteers.
- IT support intern- relevant majors include Information Technology.
- -Assist staff with trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- -Assist with the maintenance of HTAP's photographs, archives, and database.
- -Update and maintain existing workstations with hardware and software.